Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tour de Vienna

Today was our first real day of touring auf Wien! We headed to Todd and Sarah Hudson's house where I met their fabulous kids for their speech lesson. I say fabulous, because they call me "the speech goddess." Yes, they really do. I hope they weren't disapointed! Haha! I talked about Mock Trial and Forensics, and then we did a Spar debate! So fun! Then we had another German-only meal. Those are always adventures:)

After lunch I visited my first German grocery store. I have never seen so much amazing candy in one place! I did find myself wondering why there were so many things auf Deutsch, though! Oh my.

Then we headed downtown to meet Herr Dr. Kai Soltau and pick up bikes. There are rent-a-bike places everywhere that are free for an hour! We rode all around der Ring and saw all the important stuff, as seen by the pictures below. However, being the Margaret that I am, I forgot my camera at the apartment, so these pics are courtesy of Missy's iPhone.

And yes, being an American tourist, I had to get fries at McDonalds and then take a picture of it. Actually, buying something at McDonalds is the easiest way to have access to a restroom, which are in low supply in Austria. I am happy to report that although we are behind Europe in the overall coolness of our atmosphere, we definitely have them beat in the French fry department. Ah, autocorrect. I love people who capitalize my favorite foods:)

4 comments:

  1. We're trusting that some of the "amazing candy" makes its way back to Greenville, dear speech goddess. Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speech Goddess. I will make sure you don't live that one down.

    Glad you're having a great time. Looks like a beautiful time of year to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Dutch tilt" on some of the photos. You look like you're having so much fun! Hope you remember your camera on your next outing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your mom let us know about your blog. We will be checking in often. So glad you are having so much fun and get to do this. Give Kai and Missy our greetings. Chüs.

    ReplyDelete