Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Know You've Been Waiting on the Edge of Your Seats

I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to talk about Salzburg! It was just so wonderful that I have needed time to process. That is a beautiful, beautiful city. Everything is old and quaint and wonderful. Everywhere we looked we saw churches and houses and statues. We saw the birthplace of Wolfgang Mozart and the birthplace of Mozart chocolate! Both are cool!

Then there was the Sound of Music tour. Let's just say that Missy and I both are now on a SOM fix. We have been watching it and looking for all the places we saw! The houses and lake and hills and churches are even more beautiful in person. I've been singing a lot:) One of my favorite movies is even better now! I didn't think that was possible! We were led by a hilarious guide named Günther! He was a hoot! And believe it or not, I was not the craziest fan there. One lady had even dressed up like Maria. Sadly, I did not get a picture. This is one of the great regrets of my lie. However, enjoy the pictures I do have:)

On Saturday we chilled. Herr Dr. Kai made us a yummy breakfast. Then Missy and I rested and read about all the things we could have been visiting. We were very, very tired. But we eventually realized that we could actually be visiting the places we were reading about, so we got ready and headed downtown. Unfortunately, we barely missed seeing the Dalai Lama. He was visiting just like me!

I have this thing about Catholic churches. They scare me. They really scare me. I think it's all the learning about the Inquisition and watching "Flame in the Wind." But yesterday we went into two churches, St. Peter's and St. Stephan's. They were both so beautiful and yet so sad. It really makes me thankful for the hope that we have.

Today I had a great day with the Hudson family and their church. I will have to write about that tomorrow:) It is so late and I am tired. Enjoy the pics, and I will try to post again tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Several things I could say here. First, I suppose loving SOM is a lesser vice than all things Jane Austen. Second, a great regret of your lie? Was this a Freudian slip of some sort? And was this fan dressed as Maria the bride, the nanny, or the nun? Third, these pictures are most revealing. When did you enter the witness protection program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pix of the Hudsons. Did you take any of the outdoor baptism service? What about the youth activity?

    ReplyDelete