Saturday, June 9, 2012

We Have Arrived

Well, we are in Indianapolis. We left around 8:00 this morning, the car packed with snacks and more snacks. They were all very healthy, of course. Nichole and I spent the ride up talking, watching Monk,   Cranford, and our very old favorite, Andy Griffith! We love Andy Griffith. Mostly we just laughed. A lot.  We can get a little loud sometimes, so my mother deserves a medal of honor for putting up with us:)

We love you, Mom.

We arrived at our hotel with relatively little problem and headed upstairs to unpack. It's hard to believe that we could be living here for a week! I unpacked all my debate stuff. Oh yeah, that's why we're here.

Haha. Just kidding. I remembered:)

Soon it was time to find our way around the city. We discovered the Zoo, the Stadium, and the Conference Center where registration takes place. We headed downtown for dinner. It was so fun to run into other competitors from South Carolina! Nichole and I observed that you can tell which high-schoolers are competing. I guess we speech people stand out.

One of the highlights of the evening was the prom that was going on in the mall. It was held in what was a sort of atrium, but everyone had to walk around it, so they had put fences up. We enjoyed watching them through said fence. And yes, we got a picture in front of the prom sign. I will post pictures as I am able, so keep checking!


2 comments:

  1. I like to read signs. Nichole likes to read them OUT LOUD and then GIGGLE at their wittiness/absurdity/funny pictures. Sigh. Can you make high school seniors play "The Quiet Game"?

    JK (sorta).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much Mrs. Stegall!

    ReplyDelete