Monday, June 11, 2012

Debate, Day One

Phew! I survived day one. We woke up early this morning and headed over to Ben Davis high school, a ginormous school in Indianapolis. The school is big enough to house almost the entire tournament. We found my room really early, so we just sat in the hall and I worked on my case. My first round was in a teeny tiny office, so there wasn't room for Mom and Nicholee to observe. Too bad. They were able to watch second round, though. My mother was so nervous she thought she would have to leave, so she decided to sit my next rounds out. It was so nice to have someone to run and buy fruit and have snacks ready. At lunch time they brought in local food trucks of every variety! There was a taco truck, a health food truck, a potato and BBQ truck, a soul food truck, and a cupcake truck! We sure did meet a lot of interesting people in the food line! I ate delicious nachos with mango salsa. It was very nice. We finished my rounds and headed to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. They had gluten free pasta! So yummy! After a little retail therapy we headed back to the hotel to get ready for tomorrow! We'll see how it goes! I have two guaranteed rounds and then they break the top 60! I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

  1. So, how did you know it was a soul food truck? Did it say that on the side of the truck? Was it the people who were driving the truck? Or was it the actual food that was in the truck?

    ReplyDelete