Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Much Delayed Update

Ok, so I'm officially the worst blogger in America. I know. But that's what I get for starting a blog in the middle of chaos! Besides traveling and writing debate cases I've been working at the CDC and helping my parents get ready for their play, As You Like It, that starts tomorrow! I am so excited to see it come together with the audience!

Nationals went well. I did not break in LD, but I did make it through seven rounds of Spar debate (an abbreviated form of debate: each round only lasts about 20 minutes!) I ended up somewhere between number 41 and 70 out of 792 in that event. I won't ever know my number for sure. Alas. However, after I was eliminated Nichole and I were able to judge the National Junior Forensics League Original Oratory Semi-Finals! That was so fun and such a good experience! I found out later that one of the boys in my round who I gave a win to ended up being the National Champion!

I have loved all my traveling, but I'm certainly glad to be home. I'm so excited for the rest of the summer! Babysitting, working, selling Figgy Whigs cupcakes! How much better does it get? Hopefully all this extra time will translate into more blogging, since that's the reason it was started! So many funny things seem to happen to me, and I can't wait to write them down!

If you really want a laugh, come to As You Like It! This year's play is sure to be a hit! The cast includes old favorites and new additions! Tickets are still available for all nights next week, especially Saturday, and once again, Figgy Whigs will be available each night! We are having our top three flavors this year: Strawberry, Orange Cream, and the number one best seller, Reese's!

At some point I will post Nationals pictures and Summer Shakespeare pictures. We even have a trailer this year! Oooooh. I know, super cool. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment