Saturday, September 8, 2012

Creative People

I am surrounded by creativity. Everywhere I look, everywhere I turn, people are being inspired and inspiring.

Exhibit A: My family. My father is an actor, designer, director, artist. I have never known anyone else to set Shakespeare's As You Like It in the 70s and perform it all summer, just because he loves to make people laugh. But that's only one side. The maternal side of my parental unit is just as creative. Mama is an author, editor, song writer.

I might add that this is a wonderful assset when writing papers.

Exhibit B: The Indie Craft Parade. I could go on and on. Indie Craft is a fesitval of creativity and brilliance that our town has held for the last three years. Lots of artsy people come together in a big old mill building and sell their wares. I just love it. They have anything from jewelry to pottery to skirts to stationary to jeans to party favors to patches to bowties.

Basically fabulousness upon fabulousness upon fabulousness.

My friend described it as the real life Anthropologie. Different and trend-setting without the mass production.

I helped my dear friends at Illyia Pottery witht their booth, talking with customers, re-stocking the table, checking people out. It seems like I met every artistic person in Greenville.

And I ate a gluten free cheese biscuit.

It was a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment