Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Second Chance for Ross

As in the store Ross. Not a person named Ross. Just wanted to clarify.

Let me begin by stating that I absolutely could not stand Ross for the following seven reasons:

1. The majority of clothes are on the floor.

2. The few clothes that happen to till be on a hanger are in the wrong section.

3. The size on the hanger does not correspond with the size on the garment.

4. There is only one employee.

5. That employee is going through a midlife crisis.

6. That employee isn't thrilled to be at the Ross, either, so

7. When you finally get to the register they seem put out with you. I mean, come on, why would you be shopping at their store?

However, today my dear friend Carly decided to change all that. She invited me to go shopping with her, and she loves Ross. And for good reason. Almost every time I ask her where she got her cute outfit, she says "Ross."

So today I decided to give it a shot, too.

Aside from the fact that the security tag on a dress I was trying on started beeping while I was wearing it forcing me to wear the dress up to the counter to get the tag removed, it was a great experience. I bought several things I had been looking for and for amazing prices.

And, to top it all off, all of the employees were great. Very helpful. One of them was even a graduate of my high school! It's a small, small world.

I wasn't crazy about setting foot in the store, but today proved me so wrong.

My Ross trip was well worth it. The lesson of today is, don't give up on retail. Or anything, for that matter.



1 comment: