Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The End?



I'm leaving Hawaii today. At some point I'll blog about camp last week and our last weekend here. I'll post pictures, too, and tell you about our team. They're pretty amazing.

God did some amazing things in my life during the last six weeks. I've been stretched until I thought I might break, but that's when I saw the strength of God. My patience has been tried, my love for others tested, and my total dependence on God revealed, and I'm so thankful. 

I'm thanking God, first, because He is first in all. His grace redeems my unholy moments and uses me for glory. 

Thank you to my parents for loving me and teaching me how to love. So many of my campers' relationships with their parents made me thankful all over again for my MumsiKim and Daddy. You are truly incredible.

Thank you to my friends, old and new. I've been blessed with lifelong adventure buddies who've supported me from day one. Literally. It's been our first summer apart, and that's just made me more grateful for all the time we've had together. I can't wait to hear about what our Great God taught you.

New friends, aka, the team: First, stop reading this aloud in your Margaret voice. I'm about to say nice things about you. Thank you for putting up with my weird sleep habits, my dietary restrictions, my hair...and its issues, my voice and the lack thereof, and my squeaky laugh. You all have been means of grace to me in ways you'll never fully understand. I'll miss your weird senses of humor and your love for life, Jesus, and each other. You've each taught me a lot, mostly good things;) We all got to hang out on his gorgeous island and learn how to love Jesus better. I'll never get over how cool that is.

God is good. That's all. Aloha.


No comments:

Post a Comment