Sunday, June 8, 2014

And So It Begins

Today's the day. Today's the day I'll set foot in my cabin and walk around the campsite. And tomorrow, my first batch of campers arrive.

I cannot wait.

I've spent the last two weeks training for this. We've snorkeled and paddle boarded (yes, even those were part of training) and been reminded of the immense love of Jesus. We've met a lot of the kids and their families, talked to the pastors who love and care for them, and learned how we can best explain grace to them. Tommorrow I'll find out how well I listened. 

Tomorrow I'm unplugging. No phone or Facebook or Instagram or Twitter or Skype: nothing. It's only till Friday, but it's looking like an eternity.

I'm excited.

I'm excited to focus. To totally devote my evergy to the 8-12 year old girls in my cabin. I'm excited to stop feeling pressure to record memories and actually  experience them. I'm excited to write good old fashion letters and record funny sayings in my notebook and flip the pages of a paper Bible.

Thank you for those who have been praying. Please, keep it up. Pray for my sweet girls and pray for their sinful counselor. She's gonna need it. 

If I've learned anything in life so far, it's that everything is an adventure, humor is everywhere, and all is grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment